Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Charity

Somebody posted this quote from Marvin J Ashton (an elder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) about charity, and it particularly touched me:

"Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don’t judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someone's differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn't handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another's weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other."

Anyways, just a random thought that has helped me to be more Christ-like when dealing with others.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I used this quote (plus a bit more of it) in a RS lesson last Fall. I LOVE it. Such a human, useable definition. It gives you all kinds of ways to be charitable today. Right now. Thanks for posting it again. I should probably read it every morning. :)

New home blog coming soon

I have received a lot of questions via email about how the home is holding up for the past 2.5 years. I plan to do a detailed update on our ...