Monday, March 3, 2014

My Anti-Aging Skincare Routine (Part 2)

This is part two of a two-part series about my skincare routine. My daytime routine was described a few days ago. My night-time skincare routine has recently evolved into the following steps. Carter even has my routine down and hands me a cotton ball every night while he brushes his teeth so I can remove my eye makeup. I received some makeup removing towlettes in my stocking for Christmas, which makes my night-time routine much quicker. Anyways, let's get straight to it.

Makeup Removal:

Sephora Collection Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover

I was using Neutogena's eye makeup remover before this, and I received a sample from Sephora. This stuff is hardcore and works really well. If I'm wearing more than one coat of mascara, it won't get all of it, but it's still way better than most of the ones I've tried.

Kirkland Brand Facial Cleansing Towlettes

Great value, does its job, and easily removes my makeup with any leftover eye makeup.. Can't complain. I will repurchase these again (but not anytime soon, because I now have a million).

Eye Cream:

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye

This is also a recent change in my skincare regimen. I was previously just putting on my bareMinerals eye cream at night, but I recently got this as it claims to help with dark under eye circles. We'll see if it works.. It's pretty moisturizing, though, so I like it.

Facial Moisturizer:

I have received so many samples of beauty oils through Sephora that I started making this a nightly thing after cleaning my face. I think this step, in combination with a great exfoliator, has been what's made my dry patches go away. These are the samples I've been using that I've liked the best. I don't know which one I'll buy when I'm all done (the Tarte sample lasts FOREVER and I just started using my second bottle).

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate



Tarte's Maracuja Oil


Weekly Mask:

REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

This is something else that I've received as a sample, and I love it! It smells citrusy, and I feel like it helps with my skin's overall tone and texture. I use it once a week. I might buy this when I'm done with the sample.

Lip Balm/Moisturizer:

Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips

I received this through Birchbox, and I didn't really like it that much with the first few uses. It's super thick and kind of goopy. However, my lips were kind of patchy and dry with the cold weather, so I started using this at night as a super moisturizer, and the dry patches are gone! I would not recommend this as a daytime lip balm, as it's way too thick and difficult to apply, especially if you're applying any lip gloss or lipstick. But, if you put it on at night, or perhaps in the morning after a shower to give it time to soak in before applying any lip products, it works great to moisturize dry lips!

Summary:

Anyways, that is basically it. Yes, it's a lot of products. It may seem a little crazy to you non-obsessed people, but my regimen has really improved the texture of my skin and helped my makeup go on smoother. Yay--no more dry and flaky patches on my skin! I also hope that taking care of my skin will help prevent premature signs of aging.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Let me know about the anti dark circles one. Still a work in process here.

New home blog coming soon

I have received a lot of questions via email about how the home is holding up for the past 2.5 years. I plan to do a detailed update on our ...